God Is That You?
by Sharon Williams on May 3rd, 2022
As Christians, we should never believe a lie that God does not speak to us! God has told us that He does speak and that if we are His sheep we can learn to know His voice (John 10:27-30). Still there are times when it is easy to doubt whether or not what we are hearing is legitimately God's voice.If we want to be lead by God, it is of utmost importance to recognize how easy it is to walk in decept...
Why didn’t my prayer work (this time)?
by Nathan Williams on May 2nd, 2022
Read Mark 9:14-29 Mark 9:14-29 Jesus comes down from the mount of transfiguration where heaven and earth touched into a mess of a situation where is Disciples are arguing with the scribes and the people around them. Its the plight of powerless Christianity. Discussing rather than demonstrating. Talking rather than loving. Instead of showing people a loving God they are arguing with he world (I thi...
Kindness is the Cure
by Nathan Williams on March 14th, 2022
If love is the answer then Kindness is the Cure. Love is Kind. Think of the times you felt most loved… For Real. Stop and think. When have you felt most loved? Chances are that they are the times when people were the most kind you. Kindness is love communicated. If love is a verb or an action, then the action is kindness. Here is the Big Idea. If as 1 Corinthians 13 says that all is meaningless an...
The P Word. What fully cooked love looks like
by Nathan Williams on March 7th, 2022
The Burrito problem Have you ever tried to cook a frozen burrito in the microwave and gotten a little impatient? Ok I confess, that’s when I knew I had a patience problem. My problem is that instead of letting it cook fully I take it out early and now have a frozen in the middle gross burrito that isn’t good for anything. In Corinthians 13 :4-7 it’s says love plays out firstly in patience. It t...
What are you doing?
by Nathan Williams on October 19th, 2020
James 1:22-25But don’t just listen to God’s word. You must do what it says. Otherwise, you are only fooling yourselves. For if you listen to the word and don’t obey, it is like glancing at your face in a mirror. You see yourself, walk away, and forget what you look like. But if you look carefully into the perfect law that sets you free, and if you do what it says and don’t forget what you heard, t...
by Nathan Williams on October 5th, 2020
Who and what is leading you? The other day my youngest son stood beside me and repeated “Dad, Dad, Dad, come here” I said to him that I was doing something important. Hold on for a few minutes. “Dad, Dad, Dad I want to show you something”, he said. I said “Son, hold on, not now”. I have to confess something. Sometimes I bring my work home. Sometimes I feel the pressure and I don’t know how to let ...
Hands Up - Guns Down
by Sharon Williams on April 19th, 2020
Living through a global pandemic is not something that I ever thought I would have to endure. With the global population being restricted to living indoors with endless amounts of time and nothing to do but bake bread, surf the internet and read conspiracy theories, it is no wonder that people seem to be literally losing their peace of mind. My heart is devastated to learn that just today in Nova...
Best Apps for Pastors 2020
by Nathan Williams on January 30th, 2020
1). Olive Tree Bible App. I absolutely love this app. My favourite part is the Strong’s tag system. It has revolutionized how I read the bible. I can see the word in the original language with the definition without leaving the page or leaving the text. Just click the word and a window pops up with everything I need to know. I can have a commentary follow along below the text all the while never...
The Crown or the Crowd?
by Sharon Williams on December 16th, 2019
I was simply washing dishes at my kitchen sink when I heard the familiar small voice. “The Crown or the crowd?” I heard it clearly, as though it had been whispered into my unconscious without any anticipation or explanation. Caught off guard, I stopped scrubbing and repeated the words to myself…“The Crown or the crowd? Hmmm - that’s kinda catchy!”I turned around drying my hands on my jeans and typ...
When You Shouldn't Read the Bible
by Sharon Williams on October 23rd, 2019
When You Shouldn't Read The Bible1. Don’t read it if – YOUR READING TO PROVE SOMEONE ELSE WRONGIf your motivation for reading the Bible is to throw around arguments or engage in some narcissistic battle of the brains, clearly you’ve missed the whole point of these past posts. Jesus taught and demonstrated love and humility in all things. Pride will almost always damage your ability to hear from Go...
Why You Should Read Your Bible - Part 6
by Sharon Williams on October 16th, 2019
6. Read it because – IT ANCHORS YOU TO GOD’S WILLReading the Bible holds you accountable to behaviour, actions and motivations that are opposed to God. It is difficult to harbour hate and un-forgiveness toward someone when you read the words of Jesus clearly stating (numerous times) that you must forgive if you wish to be forgiven by God.When you read the word consistently, you cannot minimize the...
Why You Should Read The Bible - Part 5
by Sharon Williams on October 9th, 2019
5. Read it because – IT INCREASES YOUR KNOWLEDGE OF GODYou have no reason to be ignorant about God and the things of God. God’s people are in fact instructed BY God to be prepared to give answers for what they believe and why they believe it.One of the best ways to prepare yourself is by daily allowing God’s word to transform your mind and understanding. Every time you study God’s word, you are st...
Why You Should Read Your Bible - Part 4
by Sharon Williams on October 2nd, 2019
4. Read it because – IT REVEALS GOD’S PLAN OF SALVATIONThrough God’s word we can find relationship with Jesus Christ. Relationship with Jesus brings a rich and full life on earth, and offers eternal life after this world has past.God has told us that He has written eternity on our hearts, in His perfect design we have all been given an inherent desire to live and to want to live for as long as we ...
Why You Should Read The Bible - Part 3
by Sharon Williams on September 25th, 2019
3. Read it because – GOD IS FOUND THEREHave you ever questioned if God is real, only to consult your Google search engine for the answer? If you have - you wouldn't be alone.In our modern world, it is tempting to go to 'google' before anything or anyone else. The problem is, google - is - not - God! Why are you looking to FIND God in a place where God never told you to look for Him?Luke 24:1-7...
Why You Should Read The Bible - Part 2
by Sharon Williams on September 18th, 2019
2. Read it because – GOD WANTS YOU TOGod has chosen the Bible as His primary method for communication with mankind…. more specifically, it’s His primary method to communicate with you!God has things to say to you that will help you understand who He is, and His will for your life. When God wants you to do something, it is for your benefit. When God instructs you not to do something, it is for your...
Why You Should Read The Bible - Part 1
by Sharon Williams on September 13th, 2019
Have you ever wondered why you should read your Bible? Over the next several weeks I want to break down some of the best reasons why it is worth your time and attention to crack open that beast! 1. Read it- BECAUSE YOU CAN!The Bible is the most influential book ever written, why wouldn’t you read it?The Bible is the best selling book of nonfiction (and is recorded in the Guinness Book of Wor...
The Life Hack For Happy
by Sharon Williams on August 6th, 2019
If you’ve been feeling stuck, or down, or just kinda feeling like your life has been less than what you’ve desired, I want to share a life hack with you….Psalm 1:1-3 shares a3 step planfor embracing a life that is BLESSED by God.It’s pretty simple, but it’s not necessarily easy:“Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company...